If you’d like to request a Splitgate Season 1 Arena Pass key, please visit: https://request.sandboxstrat.com/games/splitgate
Season 1 Trailer (YouTube): https://youtu.be/aktLU4Q0tAk
Press Kit: www.indiedb.com/games/splitgate-arena-warfare/presskit
Experience new and revamped maps, skins, weapons, challenges, gameplay improvements and more in the fast-paced competitive multiplayer shooter, free to play now on Steam
SAN FRANCISCO – Sept. 4, 2019 – 1047 Games’ Splitgate: Arena Warfare, the fast-paced, sci-fi, competitive multiplayer first-person shooter that uses player-controlled portals to create a new dimension of arena combat, has officially launched its first season of action. A new update available today introduces a ton of new content, features, improvements and more made with feedback from the Splitgate community.
Splitgate’s big Season 1 showstoppers include:
● The new Splitgate Season 1 Arena Pass, which adds a totally new progression system to unlock exclusive skins, characters, emotes, emblems and more. Players can grab the Arena Pass at: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1144685/Splitgate_Arena_Warfare__Arena_Pass
● A new close-quarters map called Abyss set in an ancient temple and featuring a futuristic new melee weapon similar to Halo 2’s energy sword.
● A new Race mode where players compete to collect disco balls as fast as possible using portals on each map for bragging rights on the leaderboard.
● New daily and weekly challenges that award experience points.
● A fresh in-depth tutorial to better teach new players Splitgate’s major mechanics.
● Significant performance, graphics and lighting improvements. Every level has also been revamped with a “living map” design, featuring new details that tell a different story each season(e.g., the underwater Atlantis map now sports leaking cracks in its glass work).
● Improved anti-cheat system.
● Improved competitive play with redesigned ranking and matchmaking based on the Elo-style rating system found in games like Overwatch. Players will be assigned a specific skill rating after 10 placement rounds that will help put them in games against players of appropriate aptitude.
● The highly requested implementation of crosshair selection.
● Smarter AI that behaves more dynamically like humans, jumping around the map, sprinting to avoid gunfire,and maneuvering more intelligently to find targets.
● A more user-friendly HUD and UI, including a redesigned main menu with an original track from Grammy Award-winning composer Christopher Tin in collaboration with DJ tyDi and Alex Williamson.
● NVIDIA Highlights integration,letting GeForce users automatically capture their best multi-kills and headshots in game.
Made with stylish visuals in Unreal Engine 4, Splitgate evokes your favorite memories of gaming’s most-revered shooters, embracing the classic feel of close-quarters arena action with a multi-directional twist.Create portals around the map and cross huge distances in the blink of an eye to escape, flank and ambush your foes. A blast to pick up and play for both FPS newcomers and veterans alike, Splitgate’s near-limitless skill cap lets you pull off jaw-dropping, gif-worthy plays in a variety of ranked, unranked and custom games.
About 1047 Games
1047Games was founded by Ian Proulx and Nicholas Bagamian in their dorm rooms at Stanford (the company was named after the address of their dorm). What started as two computer science majors putting portals into an FPS for a project demo,has now turned into a 30-person game development studio. Through their flagship game, Splitgate: Arena Warfare, 1047Games aims to bring back the glory days of arena shooters. Head to 1047games.com and discord.gg/splitgate to learn more.
SandboxStrategies for 1047 Games